These score readings use triads in major and minor pentascale positions. You will find one stationary part in each example.
Be able to play the three parts simultaneously, and all combinations of two parts. This will help you learn each part well and read harmonically between the staves.
For each example do the following:
- Identify the pentascale position and the starting fingerings.
- Notice the common tones between intervals.
- Scan the examples for both harmonic and melodic intervals.
- Establish a tempo and practice without looking at your hands.
- Practice all combinations of two parts; and all three parts simultaneously.
Select SCORE for Complete Drill