Bingo is a children's song of Scottish origin. Additional verses are sung by omitting the first letter sung in the previous verse and clapping instead of actually saying the word.
In this harmonization, you will be listening for the ii6-V7-I cadence.
- Listen to the audio file, Real.
- Use the "Rhythm Worksheet" to mark the chord changes at the beginning of the measure where the changes occur. Listen especially for the sound of the ii6-V7-I cadence.
- Use the MP3 "Melody" to check your ear by playing along using the root of the chord that you think is correct. Listen to see if your choices "agree" with the melody.
- Use "Worksheet 2 or 3" to write in your harmonization and play. Use one of the recommended voicings of the chords shown below.
- Play hands together as written or accompany a singer.