Caribbean Tune uses mainly primary chords. However, listen for the distinctive flavor of the V7/ii - ii harmony.
Instructions: This song uses both primary and secondary chords, and a secondary (applied) dominant: V7/ii.
- Listen to the audio file called "Real."
- Be sure to locate the following: V7/ii - ii.
- Using the Rhythm Worksheet, mark the chord changes at the beginning of the measure where the changes occur.
- Using the audio file called "Melody," check your work by playing along using the chords that you have chosen. Listen to see if your choices "agree" with the melody.
- Choose a voicing style from the list below and using "Worksheet 2," write in your harmonization.
- Play hands together.